IP CONVERGENCE & IMS
TECHNOLOGY FOR BUSINESS
Printer-friendly PDF version
The Communications Service Provider (CSP) of tomorrow will look significantly different than today, driven by new technologies and economic realities. A solid conceptual understanding of the new networking and operator business paradigms will help business professionals in the industry prepare for these changes. The recent rollout of all IP wireless networks coupled with introduction of advanced IT technologies in the telecom domain create opportunities for fundamental shifts. Cloud, open source software, and emerging networking technologies such as NFV and SDN improve network economics as well as provide new business opportunities.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
• List the business drivers for the CSP network transformation
• Sketch an example of a transformed CSP network
• Describe key operational impacts to mobile CSP organizations
• Discuss the value proposition behind SDN and NFV
• Describe the role of OpenStack in network transformation
• Describe the foundational concepts behind SDN and NFV and how the technologies interwork with each other
• Explain the role of orchestration in a transformed network
• List key challenges and possible migration paths
This course is intended to help executives and managers better understand the vision, the business drivers and the foundational concepts of this transformation.
• Participants need to have some exposure to foundational concepts in technology transformation
• Technology Trends for Business I (Instructor Led)
• Technology Trends for Business II (Instructor Led)
Course Outlines / Knowledge Knuggets
1. The Network Transformation
1.1. Business drivers
1.2. The CSP network of the future
2. What is Virtualization?
2.1. Virtualization overview
2.2. Benefits and capabilities
2.3. Virtualization and infrastructure as a Service
3. The Cloud and OpenStack
3.1. Role of cloud computing in network transformation
3.2. Cloud alternatives
3.3. What is OpenStack?
3.4. OpenStack vs. VMWare
4. Software Defined Networking (SDN)
4.1. SDN: What and why?
4.2. Role of SDN in network transformation
4.3. SDN technologies and terms
4.4. Migration to SDN
5. Network Functions Virtualization (NFV)
5.1. NFV: What and why?
5.2. Role of NFV in network transformation
5.3. NFV technologies and terms
5.4. Migration to NFV
6. Putting It All Together
6.1. End-to-end transformed network architecture
6.2. Deployment considerations
6.3. Challenges ahead
------------------------------------WHY CUSTOMERS LOVE OUR ELEARNING:
- Self-paced, animated, and interactive- $150/each course for 6 month license- Immediate online access upon purchase- Flexible way to take training at any hour- Online training transcript available- Electronic certificates at completion- Full list of courses at www.awardsolutions.com/elearning.pdf
For any additional questions,please contact Mr. Rod Marckese at +1-972-664-0727 x246 or email@example.com