IP CONVERGENCE & IMS
TECHNOLOGY FOR BUSINESS
Printer-friendly PDF version
IP has permeated all facets of the LTE wireless network. In the services realm, the LTE network provides Internet access, Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Voice over IP (VoIP) services, in addition to innumerable multimedia and web-based applications. The underlying transport networks, including backhaul and backbone networks, also rely heavily on IP and related technologies such as Ethernet and MPLS. It is therefore difficult to understate the magnitude of the impact that the transition to IPv6 will have on the LTE wireless network infrastructure. This course examines how IPv6 will be used in the LTE wireless service provider network. It presents the significant features of the new protocol, including addressing, routing, mobility and security. It uses practically-oriented exercises to illustrate how the LTE mobility network may support a mix of IPv4-based and IPv6-based applications and, furthermore, how they may be carried over a mix of IPv4-based and IPv6-based transports.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
• Illustrate, for example, how the LTE mobility nodes may use IPv6 while the legacy 2G/3G mobility nodes continue to use IPv4.
• Use tools such as ping and traceroute to test connectivity in IPv6 networks.
• Compare and contrast IPv4 and IPv6 protocols
- DNS, DHCP, ICPMP
- OSPF, BGP
• Illustrate how the mobility nodes forward a user’s IPv6 packet through an IPv4 transport network.
• Illustrate how the mobility nodes forward a user’s IPv4 packet through an IPv6 transport network.
• Recognize and interpret IPv6 addresses.
• Explain how IPv6 plug-and-play features simplify network administration.
• Illustrate how IPv6 packets are transported over and MPLS/IPv4 network
This course is intended for those familiar with the use of IP in wireless networks, but are new to IPv6.
• [IPC_405 or IPC_406] IP Networking Workshop (Instructor Led)
3 Days Instructor Led
Course Outlines / Knowledge Knuggets
1. IPv6 and LTE
1.1. IP in LTE networks
1.2. IPv6-based applications
1.3. IPv6-based transport
1.4. EPS bearers
1.5. Lab: Introduction to the workshop
2. IPv6 Addresses
2.1. Address formats of IPv6
2.2. Neighbor discovery
2.4. Multicast addresses
2.5. Lab: Link-local operations
3. Address Assignment and Neighbor Discovery
3.1. Host configuration
3.2. Stateless auto-configuration
3.3. DHCPv6 and stateful auto-configuration
3.4. Lab: IPv6 address assignment
4. IPv6 User Plane and Dual-Stack Operation
4.1. Dual-stack solutions
4.2. DNS for IPv6
4.3. Static and connected routes
4.4. Fragment header
4.5. Address management
4.6. Mobility support
4.7. Lab: Dual-stack operations
5. IPv6 Routing for LTE Transport
5.1. IPv6 routing tables
5.4. Lab: IPv6 transport
6. Transition to IPv6
6.1. IPv6 Provider Edge (6PE)
6.2. IPv6 VPN Provider Edge (6VPE)
6.3. Lab: Troubleshooting
Note: The lab exercises may be customized based on the target audience’s own plans for supporting IPv6.
------------------------------------WHY CUSTOMERS LOVE OUR ELEARNING:
- Self-paced, animated, and interactive- $150/each course for 6 month license- Immediate online access upon purchase- Flexible way to take training at any hour- Online training transcript available- Electronic certificates at completion- Full list of courses at www.awardsolutions.com/elearning.pdf
For any additional questions,please contact Mr. Rod Marckese at +1-972-664-0727 x246 or email@example.com